|Market House of Allegheny City, Pennsylvania
Individual vendors rented space inside the building.
The building stood and operated until the early 1960s when it was demolished to build Allegheny Center .
Tower in the background is the Carnegie Free Library of Allegheny,
Carnegie's first library gift in the United States .
Allegheny City was absorbed into Pittsburgh in 1907.
Caption Credit: Richard Herchenroether - Ben Avon, Pennsylvania
From the Air
|PENN STATION ROTUNDA
|West End Bridge
Spanning the Ohio River
|Panoramic of Jones & Laughlin Southside Works
|Waterfront View From Mount Washington
|PITTSBURGH & ALLEGHENY
|531 East Ohio Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15212