|CLICK PICTURE TWICE FOR FULL EFFECT
|U.S. Army 7th Calvary Company at Papago Park - 1940
Originally stationed at Ft. Riley, Kansas, and transferred to Arizona prior to America's entry into WWII. After Pearl Harbor the 7th became a
ceremonial unit and their soldiers fought the war in tanks. Note the WWI-style "Smokey" hats that were still used early in WWII.